These terms and conditions govern the Online Trade Accounts operated by us, Shorts Industries Ltd (Shorts).
- Shorts Online Trade Account provides access to;
Shorts Web Shop (Webshop) for Lift Spares and Standard Lift Components.
• UK Lift Trade Prices of Lift Spare Parts and Standard Lift Components.
• Any promotional Webshop offer available at the time of placing an order.
• Downloads of detailed product sales and technical information.
- You may apply for an Online Trade Account and, if successful, will become an authorised Online Trade Account User (Online User).
- Online Trade Accounts are only available to employees of UK or Irish based Lift Installation or Lift Maintenance companies or self-employed Lift Engineers. Restricted Online Trade Accounts may also be approved, at Shorts’ discretion, to UK or Irish based Lift Consultants or Architects in order to provide access to applicable download information.
- All Online Users must be 18 years of age or over, resident in the UK and have the authority to place orders on behalf of the company they represent.
- An Online Trade Account offers no guarantee that any order placed via the Webshop will be accepted. All orders are subject to our Lift Spares Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- An Online Trade Account is not a credit facility; all purchases must be paid for at the time of purchase or placed onto a Shorts Credit Account where previously agreed and available.
- We uphold the right at any time to decline an Online Trade Account application, including, but not limited to, applications from companies or individuals not covered by Clause 3 above or who are unable to exhibit the required levels of competency required for the safe installation of Shorts’ products or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
- We may at any time and without notice withdraw, suspend or cancel an Online Trade Account for reasons including, but not limited to, any abuse or attempted abuse of the website or breach of the Online Trade Account terms and conditions or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
- We reserve the right to change prices of products available in the Webshop at any time and without prior notice. If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible (e.g. prior to the goods being dispatched or collected). We will provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods you will receive a full refund.
- We may at any time make changes to any promotional offers. Changes shall be notified to you by the display of notices on our website and/or through communications with you. Your continued use of an Online Trade Account after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
- You may cancel your Online Trade Account at any time by writing to us.
- You may only hold one Online Trade Account at any one time. Multiple Online Users from the same lift company must register for their own Online Trade Account and accept the terms and conditions as stated.
- You must notify us in writing to any changes to your contact details.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Online Trade Account where no activity has been registered for 12 months.
- Any Promotional Code must be entered at Registration or Checkout prior to purchase. Promotional Codes cannot be claimed retrospectively.
Use of your information
- The information you provide us or which we obtain through your dealings with us will be used by us or on our behalf to process your application, manage your Online Trade Account, assess your dealings with us (including purchasing preferences), review, develop and improve the services we offer and for market research purposes.
- Unless opted out, we may also use your information to contact you with offers and information about our goods and services. You will not be contacted directly by any third parties.
- We will not be liable to you for anything beyond our reasonable control, including any inability to access your Online Trade Account due to data processing or transmission link failures.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- Any communications regarding your Online Trade Account should be sent to Shorts Industries Ltd, Bradford Business Park, 15 Kings Gate, Bradford BD1 4SJ or email@example.com