These terms and conditions govern the Online Trade Accounts operated by us, Shorts Industries Ltd.
1. Shorts Online Account (Online Account) provides access to ;
• Shorts Web Shop (Web Shop) for Lift Spares and Standard Lift Components
• UK Lift Trade Prices of Lift Spare Parts and Standard Lift Components
• Any promotional Web Shop offer available at the time of placing an order
• Downloads of detailed product sales and technical information
2. You may apply for an Online Account and, if successful, will become an authorised Online Account User (Online User).
3. Online Accounts are available to UK Lift Installation/Maintenance Companies or UK based self-employed Lift Engineers.
4. All Online Users must be 18 years of age or over, resident in the UK and have the authority to place orders on behalf of the company they represent.
5. An Online Account offers no guarantee that any order placed via the Webshop will be accepted. All orders are subject to our Lift Spares Terms & Conditions of Sale.
6. An Online Account is not a credit facility; all purchases must be paid for at the time of purchase or placed onto a Shorts Credit Account where previously agreed and available.
7. We uphold the right at any time to decline an Online Account application, including, but not limited to, applications from companies or individuals not covered by Clause 3 above or who are unable to exhibit the required levels of competency required for the safe installation of Shorts’ products or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
8. We may at any time and without notice withdraw, suspend or cancel an Online Account for reasons including, but not limited to, any abuse or attempted abuse of the website or breach of the Online Account terms and conditions or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
9. We reserve the right to change prices of products available in the Web Shop at any time and without prior notice. Orders at original prices and in process before any price changes will be processed at the original price.
10. We may at any time make changes to any promotional offers. Changes shall be notified to you by the display of notices on our website and/or through communications with you. Your continued use of an Online Account after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
11. You may cancel your Online Account at any time by writing to us.
12. You may only hold one Online Account at any one time. Multiple Online Users from the same lift company must register for their own Online Account and accept the terms and conditions as stated.
13. You must notify us in writing to any changes to your contact details.
14. We reserve the right to cancel any Online Account where no activity has been registered for 12 months.
15. Any Promotional Code must be entered at Registration or Checkout prior to purchase. Promotional Codes cannot be claimed retrospectively.
Use of your information
16. The information you provide us or which we obtain through your dealings with us will be used by us or on our behalf to process your application, manage your Online Account, assess your dealings with us (including purchasing preferences), review, develop and improve the services we offer and for market research purposes.
17. Unless opted out, we may also use your information to contact you with offers and information about our goods and services. You will not be contacted directly by any third parties.
18. We will not be liable to you for anything beyond our reasonable control, including any inability to access your Online Account due to data processing or transmission link failures.
19. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
20. Any communications regarding your Online Account should be sent to Shorts Industries Ltd, Bradford Business Park, 15 Kings Gate, Bradford BD1 4SJ or email@example.com