These terms and conditions govern the Online Trade Accounts operated by us, Shorts Industries Ltd (Shorts).
- Shorts Online Trade Account provides access to;
Shorts Web Shop (Webshop) for Lift Spares and Standard Lift Components.
• UK Lift Trade Prices of Lift Spare Parts and Standard Lift Components.
• Any promotional Webshop offer available at the time of placing an order.
• Downloads of detailed product sales and technical information.
- You may apply for an Online Trade Account and, if successful, will become an authorised Online Trade Account Holder (Account Holder).
- An Online Trade Account is only available to employees of UK or Irish based Lift Installation or Lift Maintenance companies or self-employed Lift Engineers. Restricted Online Trade Accounts may also be approved, at Shorts’ discretion, to UK or Irish based Lift Consultants or Architects in order to provide access to applicable download information. Shorts reserves the right to verify the information provided and where applicable request evidence, such as a copy of insurance which covers the named party/business for lift works to verify their eligibility for an account.
- All Account Holders must be 18 years of age or over, resident in the UK and have the authority to place orders on behalf of the company they represent.
- All Account Holders must provide a valid email address and complete our double opt-in registration process. This Double Opt-In process is to ensure the email address provided is for a valid and monitored inbox.
- An Online Trade Account offers no guarantee that any order placed via the Webshop will be accepted. All orders are subject to our Webshop Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- An Online Trade Account is not a credit facility; all purchases must be paid for prior to order or dispatch or placed onto a Shorts Credit Account where previously agreed and in good standing.
- We uphold the right at any time to decline an Online Trade Account application, including, but not limited to, applications from companies or individuals not covered by Clause 3 above or who are unable to exhibit the required levels of competency required for the safe installation of Shorts’ products or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
- We may at any time and without notice withdraw, suspend or cancel an Online Trade Account for reasons including, but not limited to, any abuse or attempted abuse of the website or breach of the Online Trade Account terms and conditions or any suspected dishonesty on the part of the Online User.
- We may at any time make changes to any promotional offers. Changes shall be notified to you by the display of notices on our website and/or through communications with you. Your continued use of an Online Trade Account after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
- You may cancel your Online Trade Account at any time by writing to us.
- You may only hold one Online Trade Account at any one time. Multiple Online Users from the same lift company must register for their own Online Trade Account and accept the terms and conditions as stated.
- You must notify us in writing to any changes to your contact details.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Online Trade Account where no activity has been registered for 12 months.
- Any Promotional Code must be entered at Registration or Checkout prior to purchase. Promotional Codes cannot be claimed retrospectively.
Use of your information
- We will not be liable to you for anything beyond our reasonable control, including any inability to access your Online Trade Account due to data processing or transmission link failures.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- Any communications regarding your Online Trade Account should be sent to Shorts Industries Ltd, Bradford Business Park, 15 Kings Gate, Bradford BD1 4SJ or email@example.com