Due to the continuous expansion of our Lift Component business a vacancy has become available for a Support Technician. The role is office based in Shorts’ Bradford Office, but will include visits to site on an as required basis.
Main role and responsibilities
Working within the Lift Component team, this position reports to the Technical Manager and takes on the following duties and tasks:
- Making modifications to Shorts’ stock controller prior to despatch.
- Providing telephone and on-site technical support to customers across all of Shorts’ controller products.
- Provide after sales support to customers on Shorts’ Complete Lift and Lift Component products.
- Liaise with and assist colleagues in Shorts’ Bradford and London offices.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary.
Minimum NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a Lift and Escalator related skill area.
- Experience of a similar role in the UK Lift Industry.
- Experience providing telephone & on-site technical support within The UK Lift Industry.
- Broad knowledge of lift equipment in circulation within the UK.
- Good awareness of industry related Health & Safety issues (including Safe methods of working, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, etc)
- Good IT literacy (including use of internet, emails and MS Office)on both static and mobile devices.
All enquiries and applications should be directed to [email protected]